Intro Post

This post is a way of introduction, as well as establishment of this blog.
     Firstly my name is David Monaghan and I was coerced into starting this blog by my instructor Andrew Fry at University of Washington Tacoma. Under his request, and for the rewards of a good grade, we in the Entrepreneurship course were told to start a blog to record our thoughts on the lectures in the class and the guest speakers who come in. In addition to these posts I may if my fancy strikes will post about my various interests including board gaming, D&D, outdoor activities, travel, food etc. However at this time I am under a guided leash, albeit one that I am paying tuition to have, from my professor to write my opinions of class events. This post will be the first of those. 
     The class in question as I stated before is Entrepreneurship, aka TINST 475. This class will be according to the syllabus will cover the details of starting a business in the ever growing technology industry. It doesn't get too much more specific than that. Which is fine, Day one of the course we all got our first taste of our instructor and he seems as if the planning of a rigid course outline would likely cramp his style, this of course means that this is likely a course that I will enjoy. My expectations are that I will learn how to recognize potentials that exist to create a business of my own and more importantly and more concretely how to establish the tools necessary to create said business. Things such as gathering funding for a startup, advertising establishing connections within the field, making partnerships and making the all important business plan will more than likely be the bread and butter of this class. I expect to come away from this class at the end of the year with not necessarily the expertise that Prof. Fry has in making a business from the ground up, but maybe a small sliver of his confidence. That is what is most important to me and the one thing that I believe will best suit the students of the class. We all have ideas, we all individually at one point had an epiphany moment where we saw an opportunity that was waiting to be seized however most of us didn't have the know-how, or more importantly the guts to make that leap of faith into the world of entrepreneurship.
   Well that concludes my initial post. I was told to make these at least 250 words, this one clocks in at 430-ish so no worries there. I may write something else as my mood strikes. Or maybe not, we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts